Join us for an end of the year gathering on Thursday, December 13, 2012 from 5:30-7 pm at the Jones Library in Amherst. We will hold a board meeting and an information session for those interested in finding out more about the Homestead Community Farm initiative. There will be refreshments and good cheer!
We had approximately 30 participants at various times in our summer program. They came from all over the Pioneer Valley, some with a diagnosed disability and some without. At the garden, however, we were all farmers. We harvested lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and kale. Thanks to all who who supported our program and helped us take a few more steps to realize our goal of creating an integrated and inter-generational farmstead community!
Posted in Uncategorized |
The Homestead Community Farm is a group of people in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts that is working to create an integrated and inter-generational farmstead where individuals with and without intellectual challenges can live, work, and/or socialize together.
We are dedicated to:
- Creating an acceptance and appreciation of our diversity as human beings
- Developing an inclusive community where people of diverse ages, ethnicities and abilities can learn from each other
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle within the farmstead while servicing the larger community through the sale of products from the farm
- Sustainable farming practices and humane animal care Establishing an environment where individuals who might otherwise not find satisfying employment can have opportunities to do meaningful, varied, and productive daily work
- Creating a “family” who can share their lives together
Fundraising supported by Land For Good
Posted in About Us |